Safeway Canada - Review in Food Stores category from New Westminster, British Columbia

40 of 63 Safeway Canada reviews

Iam a 49 yearold male, I left the Skytrain at New Westminster Station, and went to the Safeway at - #220, 800 Carnarvon St

New Westminster, BC, I started shopping, I needed to pee, I noticed an "out of order" sign on the customer washroom.It is always closed after 8pm, just like their bottle return program, due to New Wests, I quote Safeway Manager, Gagan B., "the bathroom is covered with *** and it's not my job to clean it," and "we do not allow bottle returns after 8pm due to the homeless." Homeless, You piker, have as much entitlement to a bottle return as the Queen herself!

Having to pee , I was upset and wanted relief, but Gagagain B denied my the staff washroom. We're talking number 2 and I promised to be so careful! My protests angered another patron who though that I might be acting unresonablely. He chose the healthier approach and shut up.

He didn't need to pee as badly as me. Mr. Manager Gagan B. instructed me that though I could shop there the WC was closed to customers.

I shop(ed) at Safeway - #220, 800 Carnarvon St

New Westminster, BC every day for 30 years, my Irish immigrant Grandfather slaved there for 25 years, never denying a customer bathroom access.

IGA, Save-On, my patronage is yours - nice facilities.:-)

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Review category
Food Stores
review #710389 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Safeway Canada? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 5 No 5
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
40 of 63 Safeway Canada reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 01, 2015 #1072084

You, 49yo male, sound like a ***. I've had nothing but great service at this location, very professional...been shopping there since it opened. You haven't shopped at this location for 30 years, because it hasn't been there for 30 years. (making you a liar) If I were the staff there, I wouldn't let you use the staff facilities either (they are for the staff). If the bathroom is out of order, go somewhere else...like home!

5 0 Reply

0 0 Reply

Oct 24, 2015 #1053041

No bathroom at home?

9 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Safeway Canada. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Safeway Canada.
Filing a new complaint about
×